Creative Blogger Award + Guest post
There was no post last week because I was busy writing a guest post for Bio Break, seeing as Syp is on vacation. You should definitely read it because it’s about video game music and because I wrote it, so it’s automatically awesome.
In other news, the esteemed Tyrannodorkus nominated me for a 2016 Creative Blogger Award, which has been making its rounds in the blogosphere. (Where do these things start anyways?)
So here’s what I gotta do:
Thank the person that nominated you and share a link back to their blog
Post 5 facts about yourself
Nominate 15-20 people for this award
Let the people you nominated know, that you have nominated them
Post the rules so everyone will understand what to do
So thank you, Tyrannodorkus! Even though just yesterday in ARK, you threatened to feed me to a T-rex while I was hanging helplessly from the claws of your pteranodon. 🙁 But you still give me stuff in-game even when you know I’m likely to die and lose it so it’s all good.
Now for some facts to add to ones I used for the Liebster award:
- I have some weird food/drink aversions. I don’t like alcohol, carbonated drinks, or meat that has bones, gristle, or chunks of fat. So chicken wings, steak, and pork chops are all out for me. I wouldn’t particularly like a pot roast either. Which means I end up eating mostly chicken breast and ground meat. Yes, I am one of those people who go for boneless chicken wings.
- I’ve somewhat recently begun watching period dramas. I had stayed away from them for years (because I thought they were like rom-coms) but then my brother got me to watch Downton Abbey and I quite liked it. And for the moments that are ridiculously over-dramatic, it’s fun to just laugh at them. I’ve also had a lot of non-gaming time on my hands.
- I don’t like Game of Thrones. There, I’ve said it! I saw the first three episodes and while I found the setting intriguing, I hated all of the characters. From what I’ve gleaned, I might like Brienne but it doesn’t sound like she’s in it enough for me to grit my teeth through the rest of it.
- I don’t know how to makeup. If my life depended upon me putting on mascara, I’d probably die from poking myself in the eye too much. It’s always seemed like a waste of time to me so I never learned how to use it. Same goes for almost all other beauty products, manicures, pedicures, etc. Chapstick and hand lotion are all I need.
- There have been quite a few times, both online and offline, where I’ve been mistaken for a man. In the real world, it probably comes from wearing a baggy unisex clothes a lot and being somewhat tall for a woman. On the internet, I guess the default gamer “type” is male and I just don’t act very feminine? I suppose Faeldray reads like a gender neutral name. Either way, it doesn’t bother me too much and Syp is already forgiven for also making this mistake on the intro of my guest post. 😀
And here’s a list of my nominees who are all awesome (and haven’t been nominated yet as far as I can tell):
- J3w3l at Healing the Masses
- Karinshastha at Light Falls Gracefully
- Moxie at Battle Priestess
- Sonja at Soultamer Gaming
- Gracie at Moonshine Mansion
- Shadowz at The Legacies in SWTOR
Go forth and be awarded and fact-ed! Or not if you’re not feeling it, it’s all good to me.